11.06.2008

Dawson & Anna: Married!

After waiting and anticipating this moment for his entire life, the moment had finally arrived. Dawson stood on the stage in a large, silent sanctuary, facing away from the aisle. Nobody else was in the room but myself and Mr. Chris Miller, who was cuing the music at the sound board. For a moment, we stood in silence. Then the large barn doors at the back of the church began to slowly slide open. And the first notes of the ever familiar Etta James song began to play through the speakers overhead.

At last. My love has come along. My lonely days are over. And life is like a song.

Tears streamed down Dawson's face as his bride walked down the aisle to greet him for the first time in all her beauty. At that moment, I was so honored to be a part of such an incredible day for the friend Josh and I have known for so many years, and his new bride who we have quickly grown to love just as much.

These photos are just a small sampling of the many I took throughout the day. Wedding photos already have so much emotion in them. Add to it the fact that every face in these photos is a dear friend of ours, and you'll understand how difficult it was for me to choose which photos to pull out for Dawson and Anna's sneak preview.

Don't be surprised if you see a few more pop up in the next week.

Dawson: we love you, and are so proud of you. We have so many great memories and stories with you, and are looking forward to so many more.

Anna: you have never looked more beautiful.

Thank you both so much for your patience! Here's to many more years of laughter and good times!

(P.S. Don't tell anyone.. but I have a small crush on the boy on the left in this first photo.)

And yes, I did double check that I had my directions right before posting this. We wouldn't want Heath to think I had a crush on him, now would we?













5 comments:

Bethany Fegles Photography said...

Way to capture the day Jane!
Beautiful!! I love the dance one and the field one where you captured the clouds in the blue sky. So sweet!

Anonymous said...

What a day, excellent job Janelle!

Unknown said...

Well... I'm all teared up! SO worth the wait! They are so beautiful! Thank you so much Jane... we love them, and we can't wait to see more!

Paul Hunter said...

Wow ... so much more than I anticipated ... and I had great anticipation! A great day, a great son, a great daughter in law ... and a great photographer! Wonderful! Thanks, Jane.

Eyes_Wide_Open said...

Wow! There are some AWESOME photos here Jane. It's so great to watch you grow and improve as a photographer. I LOVE the kissing photos.

What a joyful wedding...I can just tell

These are so beautiful.