11.29.2008

Class of 2009: Rachel

I had the pleasure of doing Miss Rachel's senior portraits when I was in Phoenix a couple weeks ago. I thought I couldn't ask for better weather: sunny and nearly 80 degrees. I certainly couldn't complain... that is until my sister and I got in the car to drive to the location of the shoot. Large black clouds loomed in the distance to the east, and as we began to drive, huge, fat raindrops began to fall on the windshield.

I started to get a little nervous as the clouds got darker, and I thought "What the heck?? This is Arizona! It's not supposed to rain here!"

Luckily the rain and thunder part of the storm stayed to the east, and away from where we were shooting. However, a good amount of wind kicked up for the remainder of the afternoon. Which makes it difficult to shoot outdoors. But we pushed through, waiting for the split second of calm between wind gusts (which were few and far between). We ducked between buildings and found a moderate amount of shelter. And though the remnants of the wind still showed in the photographs, it wasn't anything I couldn't photoshop out.

Have I said yet how much I love photoshop?

Congratulations, Rachel, on graduating this year! Thanks for putting up with the wind with me!




No comments: